Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Truth Teller and the 3 C's

 I was recently labeled a "Truth Teller" and love it!

If you haven't noticed already, I write the Truth, the Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth in this Blog.There will always be a bit about being married and being a mother and mostly I just write about me. I know this may seem like I am selfish or conceited or just plain self absorbed. But the fact is that I truly believe that you or someone you know can relate to what I experience and how I feel. Like most of you, I learn best by example. So if I can help anyone at all, I plan on continuing to write even the embarrassing stuff. Sorry to make you blush ;)

With that being said, Let's talk about the 3 C's.
I have recently been obsessed with my appearance. Not so much that I want to turn heads as I walk by, (although that wouldn't hurt) but so that I feel good about myself. If I feel good about myself, I will function better as a Mother and a Wife. (And if Momma's happy, Everyone's Happy)

That brings me to the first C. Confidence! Or Self Confidence to be more exact. Most women that I know are very self conscience about their looks, lets turn that into Confidence ladies!
To be Confident in our looks, most of us just need to Change.

You guessed it, that's the second C. Change can be any number of things to you. Change in eating habits, exercising routines, attitude or hairstyle and clothes. Whatever Change you need to make to get you on the path to self Confidence.

Control is the next step. We have to learn to take Control to Change to become Confident.
You may remember my May = Momma Madness post awhile back... I was so ready to jump into Change but forgot to add in the Control to keep it up.

 So here it is a new month and I am at it again. I recently read a really great book that I suggest you all read to. I was able to relate to the main character in Your Roots Are Showing completely and I am inspired to take charge of my life before it takes charge of me. I have given myself til the end of this month to lose the last 7 lbs of baby weight and to tone up (actually exercise) until I can look in the mirror and like the way my clothes fit. I have been walking every evening and trying to work on the motivation to get out of bed every morning before my children wake up so I can workout and shower. I am Confident in my ability to take Control and Change!

Time for my walk, tonight I try jogging!





My goal is to look half as good as this again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me??? You look amazing! ~Layne

cssolomon said...

Just FYI, my weight loss goal is (i'm pretty sure) the weight you are now! LOL, and I think I'm shorter than you. I have the Anderson build, so I'm stocky by nature. THANKS DAD! Anyways, I totally support your goals - if we don't make goals in life, we have nothing really to achieve and nothing to be proud of. Everyday my goal is to try to be the best mom I can be for that day...and to get on that damn treadmill. LOL