Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Run Momma Run!

Life is truly going right, I am one Perfectly Blessed Content Busy Momma!

 I am really enjoying my new job, it has done me a world of good just to get out and away from my kiddos for half a day. By the time I pick them up, they have had naps and are ready to play (nice) and mommy has had some adult time.
I have taken up a new hobby also. I had a few girlfriends motivate me to start running, something I never thought I could actually do. I remember trying to run the mile in Jr. High School and getting made fun of for crying because I didn't have the lung capacity to make it to the end. Now I crave running! A friend and I ran a 5k last weekend, my first time ever attempting anything resembling running...and I am definitely hooked!
 I had set a goal and surprised myself by beating the time I had envisioned. I have another chance to beat that time this coming weekend. The weather has finally cooled down, this time for good I believe. Perfect running weather.

"I run because it's so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can't. But then you find your inner strength, and realize you're capable of so much more than you thought."
--Arthur Blank


 As soon as the kids go to bed and D comes in from working in the shop, I am hitting the pavement! I love that I don't have to share this one thing, This one thing that makes me feel so good is all mine, something I can be alone with my thoughts or not even think at all. I don't even get to go to the bathroom by myself! I am a slightly competitive person so beating my own times is what pushes me to be better. Also the thought of helping a good cause gives me a sense of satisfaction, just knowing that I gave my all for it. So wish me luck and if you are wanting to help a good cause, join me in my quest!



 5K Fun Run and Walk
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Cotter Springs, AR
Race Start: 8:00 am
FEES:
Adult:
$15 pre-registered or $20 day of race
18 & Under:
$10 pre-registered or $15 day of race
• Make checks payable to COTTER HIGH SCHOOL
• Mail entry form & check to:
COTTER HIGH SCHOOL
PO BOX 70
COTTER, AR 72626
• Registration on day of race: 7:30 am-7:50 am
• Race starts at 8:00 am
• Awards for all divisions

1 comment:

cssolomon said...

We are so much alike :) I ran my frist 5 K and couple of years back...the race for the cure. love it :) Keep it up!