Thursday, March 24, 2011

Let's Play Catch up...

First a little about me and my family: My name is Ashley 26 yr old Female lookin for a daily companion, a good listener, an outlet. This is why I am here.
 I am Perfectly Content with Life as I know it, I have an amazing Husband, who is my best friend and rock for sure. I have 2 beautiful children; Grant who just turned 2 yrs old, and Lela who will 5 months old in a few days. Thats where the Busy Momma part comes in! I have been a Stay at Home Mom for just over a year now. There have been ups and downs to staying home, I love every moment I get with my children, but I also miss the daily adult interaction that I took for granted before.

Grant

Lela
Thanks to FB I have started following a few blogs by some very talented women who have inspired me to put my thoughts on here.
 I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately, through that time I should have been blogging, it would have helped organize my thoughts and feelings better. I am in a constant state of  "finding myself"; something that feels like I should have done in Highschool, or during a mid life crisis. But here I am, figuring out just who this woman in the mirror is.
 I think I am playing catchup with life: as a child I grew up fast and looking back have realized how the past shaped my life today. It is such a relief to know that I have turned out to be an awesome mommy and my husband "says" I am a great wife (so I will just go with that) lol I've never been one to judge others, but I am super self conscience which is something I am trying to be better at. It very much matters to me how others see me, when all I want is for them to see me as one that doesn't.
 So that is where I wonder: who am I? Who do I want to be? All I do know is that being his wife and their mommy has been the best thing I have ever done!
So now you can follow me on the journey of this perfectly content busy momma's life!

2 comments:

cssolomon said...

I totally know what you mean...I grew up pretty quickly as well and I think sometimes the title of "wife and mom" overshadows anything I was before or could be after, so you feel a small sense of loss. The blogging genuinely helped...it gave me something that only involved me and my thoughts. Ooooh Ashley, you and I are a lot alike, lol.

Unknown said...

Exactly! Identity Crisis to the Max! Everyone is so jealous that I get to be a stay at home mom, but sometimes I miss being able to be someone else other than this. I would never give it back and we work very hard and give up a lot for me to enjoy every moment I get with my children, maybe a part time job would be the best of both worlds. My Goal is to work on being the best at what I do do, so here's me substituting a job with a blog. That way I can live up to my title as "perfectly content busy momma"