Thursday, March 24, 2011

Minivan Mania!

So the Big Issue for Today is: Buying a Minivan.  Uh huh I have gone to the darkside... I want a minivan BAD!! I am so jealous of all the minivan moms out there. Right now we drive a little chevy malibu
Like this one minus the sweet rims...(insert major sarcasm)
 and there is definitely not enough room for my husband, me, our 2 children, our 2 dogs, and anything we might want to travel with at any certain time. (not that the dogs go everywhere with us but Im making a point) Grocery shopping is fun, the trunk is taken up by our huge double stroller and odds and ends u probably find in all trunks. Our back seat is filled up, and of course as most of you car driving moms probably sympathize with, the front seats are up so close, your knees almost touch the dash because of the huge carseats in the back. Our car is packed! We have been talking about taking a vacation... but before we ever do that I am getting a minivan, I am determined. At first we just joked about it, We worked very hard to rid ourselves of debt, no car payment for us! So taking on a monthly payment is not ideal or even possible at this moment. So I thought the dream of soccer-mom-dom was just a dream.... Well then my very smart husband mentioned trading in the car and we looked it up, would you believe it is worth something? (It would probably be worth more if we had those same ballin' rims) The thought of using our car to get another just never entered my mind, but when it did, BAM Obsession takes over! So we started searching last night, and found one, THE ONE (isn't it a beauty)
 4 hrs away from us. We couldn't call bc it was late last night. So of course I couldn't sleep. It was like waiting for Christmas Morning! Finally Dusty was able to get ahold of them this morning...but it was already sold...Im not going to lie, super Bummed. So We are on the hunt.  I have been calling all of the local car lots getting info today and hopefully we will find the time this weekend to drive around and check them out. So if you know of anything around the $5000 and under price range let us know! And just to be clear: Dusty is just as excited as I am, we are throwing sexiness out the door and bringing in the practical!

No comments: